Friday, April 11, 2014

Week 11 & 12 Build Weeks

Week 11 - Build Week 
Lets all go to Malibu for a nice ride along Pacific Coast Highway. We did a beautiful 35 miles and a half hour run in Malibu.



 I remember the last time I rode up this road. I stopped and cried and yelled at myself - mostly because I had stopped on the hill and had fallen on my bike. My knee was hurting and bleeding and I was PISSED. But not this year, this year I took a deep breath and kept on riding. It was that sort of amazing feeling where you are like what was I afraid of?  I looked at the hill, gave it the finger and said out loud...I got this!  As I went up the hill I start singing this song from the 80's. Do you remember Salt-N-Peppers 'Push it'? I sing it and peddle - peddle - peddle. It 'pushes' me not to stop. I know it's a little silly but it helps with my breathing and keeps me focused on the prize ahead. 

Check out the elevation. This is an amazing ride with beautiful views of all of Malibu. 

 

I even stopped to take a photo. It had to be done! 

After the ride we did a transition run - just 30 minutes. My legs felt like jello but the run felt pretty good. 





Build Week 12 - Open Water Swim with some Amfali Loops and a ride up Manderville Canyon. 

The swim didn't go as well as I would have wanted. I went in smiling - look at the waves - and said OH HELL NO. 

I have this thing about being short - I'm afraid when I can't touch the ground. I know I know...I it's the ocean and it's not like it's 4 feet deep, but hell first of all it's dark, it's cold, and it's DEEP. I have short person issues - don't judge me. So while I didn't go all the way in I did do some duck diving. I will say I am getting really good at it. :) I'm conquering the fear - almost.  

Anyway, on to the bike ride. Oh hello Amfali and Manderville. Lets talk about last year again. I remember doing Amfali and then heading up to Manderville. I remember the climb, and I remember looking over at one of the coaches and saying OUCH my back hurts. I think it was more mental then anything. It hurt so I stopped and turned around. I try and remember why I was so afraid. 

So on to this year. LOOK AT ME NOW!! Hold on... Let me take a selfie

OK honestly it was not a good day. I had a lot of trouble going up Manderville. Did I stop? Yes. Did I quit? No! I was disappointed with my slowness, but on cloud 9 because of my accomplishment. 


We also did a 4 mile transition run along the Santa Monica Pier.I was so tempted to ditch the run and go for a ride on the Ferris Wheel. 



And the run is over. Yay!! After an exhausting day I was so happy it was over. 




Our coaches actually give us rest days and on our rest day we went to Disneyland. Seriously the best rest day ever!  

What makes this picture awesome isn't our planking or my leg lift but the little kid in it. 

Yes we planned this. We talked about it for days and couldn't wait to take this photo! The funny part...can you see me. 3rd one up. The one with the 'oh shit' face. I looked down. I told myself don't look down, don't look down, I looked down. This photo would have been awesome if I didn't have that oh shit face. But then again it is kind of funny. 

More photos... because we really did have a good time. 







 GO TEAM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment