Thursday, February 13, 2014

What am I out to prove this season?

Last summer I participated in Barbs Race. Barbs Race is a half IronMan distance event. While I had the best coaches and best support staff ever, I wasn't in the right mind. I had a job with a 2-3 hour daily commute. I was always tired and didn't follow the training plan. I know it and own up to it I did half the work and with that I finished my event in 10 hours. I know, I know at least I got there and did it but still I know I could do better. A few minutes before this picture was taken I had just cried to Coach Riz, Raul and Elisabeth.. 'I am NEVER doing this again'. 

I lied. 
Look at that smile. I'm back at it. This season I am training for 2 Half IronMan Events. My goal is to participate in Ironman Vineman 70.3 and Barbs Race [again]. As my blog header says 'Ambitious goals make for Outstanding Achievements'.

Please check back often my goal is to record my achievements/disappointments/all of it here on this blog. I think it doing this I can look back and say OK that was a great week, or that was a bad week. Whatever the week I can look back and hold myself accountable. I know this is going to be a great season.


  


No comments:

Post a Comment