Tuesday, July 22, 2014

3 more days until Barbs Race an all Womans Half Ironman Event

But first a recap from last year 'Click here to read it'. 

I just read it, and realized maybe all this stress and anxiety I am feeling now is the same exact thing I felt last year. I am more prepared this year then I was last year. My training was a little bit different this season. I did more this season then last season. More midweeks - actually I did my midweeks. Last year I had the job from hell and I wasn't able to attend midweek practices. Even with my hip injury I didn't let it stop me from doing what I had to do. 

Coach Riz left this on my car last year, actually I still have that note. I didn't have much confidence in myself and was afraid. After this note she left me I knew I had it in me to complete this event. If she had confidence in me I had to have the confidence in me. 
 



This year Mark will be there to cheer me on. I'll be honest, a lot of people don't get it. Why do all of this, just for a medal? It's not about the medal. I am pretty much an open book, but I am also a closed book. I know a lot of people look at me and say really..just give up. It's that 'Just give up' look that they give me that pushes me to continue on. It's also my drive and determination to help raise funds to cure cancer. I have lots of talks with my Tia Andrea. What would she tell me. What did she tell me. She always supported me in my fundraising. Always told me she was proud of me for doing this. OK can't type anymore - shit.    


and with that...3 more days.



No comments:

Post a Comment